10 January 2012

speaking in color. a revartmom show!

since not all of you could visit my show at stir crazy cafe', i wanted to share a few of the works that are currently available, as well as curate an online show here on revartmom.  for those who see something that creates a spark within and you want to have your very own work, please contact me.  i would love to create something from my heart to yours.  my hands are made to create.  i'm called to create.  as such, i need to share with you what i'm creating and what it means to me.  i call this series speaking in color.  i feel that we're created to appreciate so much in life.  these share my own gratitude and my seeking.  i love "words to live by" and they're here. 

one of the ways i create my own salary is to offer what i make for sale.  your support is always appreciated.  feel free to share your "words to live by" and sign the "guest book" in the comments.  xo. suzanne


speaking in color.
mixed media works by suzanne l. vinson.  
i am an artist and minister living here in richmond, va.  i am called to create: art, love, peace, space.  in this instillation i’ve created art using unwanted materials and gathered treasures. some materials have been lost and then found.  some are taken from collections of my grandmother’s, grandfather’s, or have been created by my hands.  
i love using words to live by hand cutting each without a pattern from books that were library discards.  
these have been created in my 2nd floor studio overlooking trees, sitting on the playground surrounded by playing children while watching my sweet boy, in the car on trips to see family, and in daydreams since july.  
if you’re inspired by these, come see my studio! i offer creativity circles monthly where you gather, create, share, and listen.  i offer birthday celebrations and gatherings for all ages and stages.  
  contact me via email slsvinson@me.com



shelter. 24x24x4 inch. mixed media.  $245
acrylic paint, vintage lace, vintage doily, vintage pattern paper, 
watercolor mandala, vintage children’s book, ink, thread, oil pastel. 


breathe. 24x24x4 inch. mixed media. $245
acrylic paint, vintage lace, vintage doily, vintage pattern paper, 
chinese paper napkin, vintage children’s book, ink, oil pastel. 



shelter.  close up.


new works: in process.  
wisdom. 10x10x2 mixed media. $125
acrylic paint, vintage lace, vintage doily, vintage pattern paper,
 newsprint from the 1890's, ink, thread, oil pastel.

release. 10x10x2 mixed media. $125
acrylic paint, vintage lace, vintage doily, vintage pattern paper,
 newsprint from the 1890's, ink, thread, oil pastel. 


we carry each other.  30x40 mixed media.  $325.
acrylic paint, vintage lace, vintage doily, vintage pattern paper, vintage shop statments, 
vintage photographs, chair caning, hand painted vintage wooden clothespin, 
vintage children’s book, ink, thread, oil pastel, seamstress ruler tape. 


we carry each other.  close up.



((additional works available. will share more on another occasion.))


custom works available using your words to live by.  
contact me to purchase any of these or to create your 
mixed media original from my studio. 

*prices do not include shipping & handling. 
exact charges for s&h would be added to the price listed above.*

xo. suzanne 


No comments:

Post a Comment