04 February 2011

life stories: inner wisdom


i trust my inner wisdom. i do not always listen. i trust my own voice. i do not always use it. i trust my heart. i share love. i trust my gut instincts. i do not always take risks. i believe in the power of goodness and kindness, knowing they are not always easily shared but in sharing them make life so much better. i believe in naming what is. naming what is not. naming without labeling. i believe in sharing myself as i am, in whatever form that is. i believe in the space and beauty of silence. the silence of not speaking. the silence of knowing. the silence of being known. i believe that we are called to certain spaces, faces, and tasks. i believe in giving of one's self freely. i believe in loving.

in the space of this moment, this day i create a manifesto for myself. i create it to name what is within my thoughts this moment, this day.

you may know that i love to analyze. i love self-awareness. i love balancing and centering practices in each day. i love to be me. in being me, i can over-analyze, become too focused on my own life experiences, and find myself annoyed when i think too hard about how my language influences others. so i stop, take a deep breath, and move on. i look into my own breath for the source of life. it's my breath that runs through this body, that connects with my spirit. i release breath into the space that surrounds me.

because i believe that the energy within us moves beyond ourselves to the space around us and has the potential to impact others, i practice mindfulness. i set aside the head space and plant my feet in the earth, rooting myself to the present moment. i am successful. sometimes i make mud pies with the earth and tears that pour from my spirit. other times i am watering the soil so that i can grow. yet, sometimes i am in a space of needing to quiet myself from the inside and rest.

i am where i am meant to be in this moment. i allow my thoughts to circle before me. i write what i am inspired to write. i move into my day with full awareness and gratitude. i move into february knowing there are tasks before me that will bring joy and awareness. i move into the month with plans and tasks. i am called to create. i am called to share. i am called to use my voice. may we each listen to inner wisdom, to the spaces of quiet and to our own voice.

where are you called today? does inner wisdom speak in this moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment