01 February 2011

hearts.




i have your heart within mine. sometimes you trust me to listen to what's on your heart. you share your fears. you share your hopes. you share what's closest to your heart. your passions inspire. your tears bring my own heart tugs. i know that you are within my heart as i am yours.

each of these lovely hearts bring memories of those i love. i think of my mother who is the best seamstress i know, who is filled with such love for her grandchildren. i think of my grandmother who is learning to live life without my grandfather's physical presence. i think of my maternal grandfather who lives without my dear nanny. i think of mothers who dream of children, who fill their hearts with hopes and dreams of sweet ones. i think of children who long for their mother. i think of my friend sherry who i still miss terribly, somehow especially so this time of year. i think of stories that bring smiles and stories that bring tears.

my art connects to my heart. my art connects to my spirit. and i share it with others, because i believe it has the power and potential to connect with you. i keep thinking of a favorite postcard (that i must photograph and share) whose imagery involves hearts and lines. the lines are connecting each of the hearts on the page. in a different way, i'm trying to do the same. each heart becomes connected to the next. the stories and memories i place into these connect with yours as you see them, hold them, wear them, and on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment