16 December 2010

reverberations: friendship: day 16

December 16 – Friendship How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst? (Author: Martha Mihalick)

my friends are kindred spirits, family, life-giving, soul food. my friends shape my movements and my generosity. my friends shape our days and weeks of togetherness, meals shared, and candles lit.

friendship has been so instrumental in my faith development, my growth as a human being, my compassion, my energy, my awareness. friendships over the years have ushered healing, forgiveness, and love. my life has been saved again and again because of the love others share for me.

when you know abandonment, you know suffering. when you know you have friends that would sacrifice for you, you know you can be made whole. when you'll sacrifice for your friends, you know you are love.

No comments:

Post a Comment