23 December 2010

in the studio: friendship wreath

a friendship wreath in the making for Elizabeth Thalhimer Smartt
representing a wonderful circle of women who surround her.

a friendship quilt on its way to its new home.

a fuzzy image of the meeting between wreath and book,
each created by the women whose gathering first took shape over stories shared
ending with these gifts: a lovely wreath and the awesomeness of this book.

ready to be received.

the friendship wreath received well, hanging at its home
where the friendships here are tied together,
gathered through this special woman.

the themes of friendship influencing the creation of this wreath:

blooming.
ties that bind.
a little birdie told me...
"i love rik rak!"

1 comment:

  1. elizabeth thalhimer smarttSunday, 20 March, 2011

    LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

    Thank you so much for sharing your abundant talent and calming spirit with me and my friends! Every time I open my front door, I think of my wonderful 35th birthday party. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete