01 August 2010

life stories: called to create

here are a few of my recent images for called to create. some made it to the blog while others were the second choice in a given day. enjoy these as we continue to rest and renew, pausing to reflect on the goodness of sunshine, the fellowship of friends and family, and the renewal that comes in creating daily. my creativity is flowing, but in a few directions that seem to require love and attention.

my sweet son & my love are on summer break, so when i'm not vending at markets, caring for groups, or leading in vbs, i'm with them enjoying the break that is so needed. these academic breaks have always been infused within me with my mother a retired school teacher of 33 years. we know summers well: the heat and humidity staved by a good swim, the day trip to the beach, the homemade ice cream served in a mug that's turned up to recover the last sip, time with friends and family in various spaces, and gathering with good friends as we share a meal together one night a week.

during the days to come, i look forward to bringing more images of rest, renewal, creativity, and the work of my hands. peace to you and yours these fine summer days of august.

enjoy these images of the last week (with one the week prior tossed in).

a simple set designed for vbs.

a break in staining a cabinet made by my love.

a sweet dress for an 8 week old.

new yummy fabrics from my favorite local fabric shop.

one of three caterpillars found in the garden after pulling carrots to take to vbs.
a glorious sunflower duo greeting those who enter a friend's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment